Mr Mervyn Brown started building in his own right in 1958 and registered as a Limited Liability Company in 1968. Although initially concentrating on high-class housing and units, the Company extended its operations to all facets of commercial work.
M.B.Brown Ltd is a member of the Registered Master Builders Federation.
The Company employs 16 permanent staff, extending this if necessary to meet its project commitments. M.B.Brown Ltd operates its own joinery department, located in Company-owned premises, incorporating office space, factory and yard. M.B.Brown Ltd usually tenders for work as Head Contractor, but can provide sub-contractor services, including all aspects of Joinery work. More than 90% of the Company’s work is Architect sourced.
M.B.Brown Ltd’s area of operations primarily encompasses the area from the South Coast of the Wairarapa through to Eketahuna, including Featherston, Martinborough, Greytown, Carterton and Masterton. The Company has undertaken contract works in Palmerston North, Wellington, Hawkes Bay and Taupo although this is now restricted to supply of Joinery work for specific customers.